Corona Virus Update
Diamondhead UMC Family,
Dear DUMC Family,
Grace and Peace to you! I have a lot of information I want to share with you, but I know that longer posts and letter sometimes get skipped. Here is the summary of info first. We will follow the guidelines of the CDC as they change in response to the spread or decline of the Covid-19 virus in our area. Currently they discourage groups larger than 10 from gathering. Keep reading to learn more. God bless you for your faithfulness to the mission!
- How we will worship together online.
- How we can still be disciples who make disciples
- How we can help to take care of and serve one another
- How we can financially support the ministries of The Bridge
We will not be hosting worship in our church’s facility until further notice. We will host online worship through Facebook livestream at our regular times of 9a.m. & 11a.m. central time. Musicians will perform live every Sunday and Cliff will deliver a new sermon every Sunday continuing our series “Growing up in Christ” from Ephesians. Each week’s sermon will continue to be saved to the Facebook page and uploaded to our YouTube account via our website. For those who don’t have Facebook or would still like to gather, we are going to attempt to broadcast on an FM station to our parking lot at regular worship times. Simply drive in and park and tune in via the FM station given. Drive-In Church!!!
- Access live worship at www.facebook.com/4DUMC
- Access recorded sermons at www.diamondhead-umc/media/sermon-archive/
- Access devotions and sermon series at on YouTube (& subscribe to our page) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQnUoH7L1rWq6h9KC4w5mw
We have about a number of small groups and study groups that you all are involved in, which is amazing! Discipleship is our way of life. Your leaders are developing a plan for you to be together in a way that is best for your group. Please be attentive to their communication. Now is a great time to get comfortable with apps on your phone like GroupMe and Zoom. Groups can also read bible plans together using YouVersion/The Bible app. Don’t be disconnected just because you are staying home. Let’s be intentional about Worship + 2.
- Groups can access digitized materials through your resource publisher
- Groups can meet using Facetime, Hangout, or Zoom. www.zoom.us
- Groups can create a chat using WhatsApp or GroupMe www.groupme.com
- Be creative, sensitive, and consistent!
(over see pg.2)
Financial Information and Plan
(please see letter included from our Finance Chair Jesse Dupree)
- Give at our website www.diamondhead-umc/Give
- Give by mailing a check to Diamondhead UMC, 5305 Noma Dr., Diamondhead MS 39525
Service (Member & Community Care)
Taking care of one another is a scriptural expectation of the Church. We have an ongoing list of people who are available to assist with needs that arise. If a need arised please email Andrea Warner email@example.com or Cliff Burris firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to connect the best servant. Please check on each other, please love your neighbor, and please know you can always reach me by text or phone at 228-860-9118
- Do all the good you can
- Do no harm
- Do all in your power to stay connected to God: prayer, presence (even online), gifts, service, witness
Joined, Built, and Growing Together in Christ,